Medical assistant / receptionist
Duties include but are not limited to
Working both front and back office of a unique medical clinic. The practice provides primary care, cosmetic medical, and nail clinic services. Tasks include:
- answering phone calls, voice mails, and email
- scheduling appointments
- checking in, rooming, checking out patients
- ensuring clinic is clean and maintained
- selling retail products to clinic clients
- participating planning and marketing
- processing and submitting health insurance claims
- coding for insurance purposes
- recording vital signs and medical histories
- preparing patients and rooms for examination
- patient education
- drawing blood
- preparing and administering medications and injections
- performing CLIAA-waived lab tests
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An understanding of medical terms, medical billing codes, and billing procedures.
- Demonstrated competence with EMR systems, POS systems, computer-based scheduling, email, and written communication.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Ability to work weekdays and weekends, and as late as 7:30 PM.
- Graduate of medical assistant, emergency medical technician, or nursing assistant training program
Preference given to candidates with
- current certification as a medical assistant, emergency medical technician, phlebotomy technician, or nursing assistant.
- experience in medical billing, health insurance, or outpatient settings.
- experience in clinic settings.
- experience with Practice Fusion electronic medical records.
- experience with Spa Booker software.
Pay is on an hourly basis. Starting pay rate is commensurate with experience. Great job to gain experience in clinical services, primary care settings, travel health, and the growing field of cosmetic medicine.
How to apply
Complete our job application. Send your completed job application, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by snail mail to Recharge Medical, 1456 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94109-4712.
Call us at 415-409-3456.
About Recharge Medical
Recharge Medical is a unique clinic providing primary medical care and cosmetic medical procedures in a spa-like setting.
We also feature a nail clinic that provides manicures and pedicures focused on nail health. Our mission is to help you meet your goals of improved health while attending to your aesthetic medical needs.
Recharge Medical is respected for exceptional leadership in quality services, standards of sterilization, workplace safety, fair and equitable employment, local community support, and environmental friendly practices.